About the training
‘Thinking of becoming an instructor? Just go for it!
It really will change your life. It’s that simple.’
Anna, Turn’d Up Instructor
Our instructor training is suitable for anyone with a love of dance or fitness who has a passion to change people’s lives. Once qualified, you will be part of the fast-growing, inclusive Turn’d Up girl gang.
You don’t need any previous experience in dance or fitness, you just need to love our vibe. Women of all ages, shapes and sizes are qualified Turn’d Up instructors. They have full or part time jobs, they are stay at home mums, they use their earnings to supplement their income, or solely teach Turn’d Up.
Whoever you are and whatever you do, if you love dance and fitness, our Training Course will offer you the skills and foundation to offer the Turn’d Up experience to groups of all levels.
‘Thank you for giving me the encouragement and confidence to be an instructor. Never in a million years would I have thought I could do this, but I cannot see my life without it now!’
Mumina, Turn’d Up Instructor
The course includes
- A two-day (16 hour) training course with Turn’d Up Fitness creator Shekira Johnson
- A Turn’d Up Fitness training manual
- Marketing training and materials to help you get your classes started – posters / business cards / loyalty cards
- Access to over 100 routines & four new routines added a month to keep your classes fresh
- Access to our Turn’d Up Fitness Online University, including six free modules
- Free monthly Technique Training
- Annual Refresher Training
- Membership of the supportive, inclusive instructors’ online community
- Access to the instructors private area
- Themed Master class material – free of charge
- Access to a personal Mentor
- Access to reading lists
- Dance nutrition plans
- Community events – flash mobs etc. local events
- 10% of all merchandise
- 10 CPD points
‘When the new routines drop I get so excited, I’m straight on it dancing in my kitchen! It’s the best feeling getting new on point dance routines for our members.’
Kelly, Turn’d Up Instructor
What happens once I’m qualified?
Once qualified as an instructor, you are then self-employed. So it’s up to you where you teach and how many classes. Some instructors teach 5 days a week, some only one morning – it’s up to you and what suits your life. Some of our instructors bring in 30-50 women per class, typically they charge £5 per person – so you can easily make your training fees back! You receive marketing advice and materials as part of your training and we are introducing a Turn’d Up Mentoring scheme, so established instructors can help newcomers.
‘There are so many amazing things about being an instructor. I’m happier, my fitness has improved, and
I feel more comfortable about my body. I get to earn an income while doing something I love.’
Chloe, Turn’d Up Instructor